A raffle lottery is a scheme where tickets are sold for a chance to win a prize at a draw and includes 50/50 draws, elimination draws, and calendar draws.
Only the Registrar of Alcohol and Gaming may issue a licence to an eligible charitable or religious organization for the following:
- Raffle lotteries where the total value of the prizes to be awarded exceeds $50,000;
- Raffles conducted in an unorganized territory;
- Raffles conducted on federal land such as the Canadian Forces Bases;
- Raffles lotteries where the event is to be conducted in conjunction with another licensed lottery event.
A municipality may issue a licence to eligible local charitable or religious organizations for ticket raffle lotteries where the total value of the prizes to be awarded does not exceed $50,000.
Municipal licence applications may be made with the municipality where the event will be administered.
If you are applying for a municipal licence, contact the local municipality where the event will be administered for more detailed information on the application process, licensing fees and required attachments.
Blanket Raffle Licence (issued by municipality only)
A blanket raffle licence will allow eligible organizations to obtain one lottery licence to conduct and manage more than one type of raffle event within a fixed time period and within a capped prize amount.
Please refer to the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual
for further information pertaining to blanket raffle licences.
New and updated PDF forms on this site can be filled-in and saved locally to your PC. This updated feature preserves all of the information you have filled in, however, version 6.05 or later of Adobe Reader® is required. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader®
Required attachments to applications:
- First time applicants, please visit
What is needed to Determine Eligibility?
- Municipal approval letter (if applicable)
- Please refer to Raffle Application Requirements Where Total Prize Value is $50,000 or More located below for complete details on additional documentation required
lottery licensing fee
payable to the Minister of Finance
Where the licensee wishes to extend ticket sales or hold the draw outside the municipality where the event will be administered, the licensee must notify each municipality in which it wishes to extend its operations. Such request shall be in writing and include a copy of the licence issued, as well as a copy of the original application submitted. Permission to extend ticket sales into municipalities other than the municipality where the event is administered will be considered for municipalities in the Province of Ontario only.
The licensee must conduct and manage the event in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the licence.
Blanket Raffle Licence
Important Application Reminders
- For PDF forms completed online or offline, please ensure ALL the input information has printed out on your application.
- For PDF forms filled-in by hand, please ensure you PRINT legibly in ink.
- Please ensure ALL required questions are completed. Incomplete, improperly completed or unsigned applications will be returned to applicant.
- Do not email application forms. Mail application(s) along with ALL supporting documents to:
Alcohol and Gaming Commission
Licensing and Registration
90 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M2N 0A4
Please read the "Instructions" portion of the application(s) for supporting document requirements.